- Create a dedicated workspace. Set up a safe, ergonomically sound workspace to consistently revisit each day.
- On a laptop? Use books or small boxes as risers for your laptop, and place a wireless mouse and external keyboard directly in front of your monitor.
- Place your monitor for maximum comfort. The top should be at or slightly below eye level and roughly arm’s distance away.
- Stand during Webex meetings. Try setting up a standing workspace and stand for 20-30 minutes at a time.
- Move around! Take a short walk around your living space or – if you have one – your yard or garden.
GOOD POSTURE TIPS
- While sitting: Keep your wrists as straight as possible, elbows and knees bent 90 degrees. Use pillows to support your lower back as needed.
- While standing: Stand straight, keep your feet shoulder width apart and your weight evenly distributed.
Take breaks to stretch! It will increase blood flow and relax your muscles. Practice stretches* for your neck, your sides, forearmsand wrists to prevent stiffness.
- Forearm/wrists: Using your left hand, pull fingers towards your body, while keeping your right arm straight. Repeat for both wrists.
- Neck: With shoulders relaxed, shoulder blades pulled straight down your back, looking straight ahead, lower your left ear to your left shoulder until you feel a slight stretch in the right side of your neck. Repeat on right.
- Shoulder and sides: Reach hands to the sky. While keeping pelvis locked, SLOWLY bend to the left from the waist and reach arms to the left until a slight stretch is felt in the right side of the body. Repeat for other side.
*If you have a pre-existing condition, consult your doctor for specific stretches tailored to your condition.