DETROIT, Dec. 14, 2017 – Ford Land has acquired a historic building known as The Factory – a recently refurbished industrial complex with a rich 110-year history – in Detroit’s Corktown neighborhood. The 45,000-square-foot former factory will house Ford Motor Company’s vehicle and electric business and strategy teams beginning early in 2018. The relocation brings together teams that are creating new business models in a resurgent, diverse neighborhood with industrial roots.
More than 220 Ford employees will work in the building located at 1907 Michigan Avenue across the street from the historic Tiger Stadium. Previously home to the Chicago Hosiery and Detroit-Alaska Knitting Mills factories, the Factory will continue to serve as the headquarters for Buhl Sport Detroit and Brothers Tuning Detroit.
With its high ceilings, exposed brick, hardwood floors and 9,000-square-foot garage, the space provides both the collaborative openness of a modern workspace and the industrial authenticity of a turn-of-the-century manufacturing facility.
See full press release at ford.com